16 Empowering Beliefs to Live By Today
Your experiences are shaped by your thinking. Even obstacles have a value when you
can see it. You can develop convictions that will help you to feel happier and achieve
more, regardless of the situation.
Consider these empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your
life through the power of positive thinking.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Smile
1. I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your
mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential.
2. I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember
to include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing
your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
3. I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the
lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace
the next one.
4. I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of
your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and
courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure
yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
5. I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present
moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your
6. I dream big. Expand your wish list. Setting demanding but attainable goals gives
you adventures to look forward to each day.
7. I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment
you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you
respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Pardon yourself too.
8. I give generously. your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful.
Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today.
Buy coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Strive
1. I take responsibility. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for
the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to
determine your own future.
2. I apply effort. Figure out your definition of success so you know what is worth
working for. Give yourself credit when you’re making progress rather than
comparing yourself to others.
3. I leverage my strengths. You have your own individual strengths that you can
draw on. Figure out what you’re good at and what you want to do. Let that
knowledge guide your choices.
4. I listen to feedback. Ask for feedback so you can enhance your performance and
show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you
gather solid input that you can translate into action.
5. I ask for help. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network.
Carpool with other parents. Divide up household chores with your spouse and
6. I connect with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving
and encouraging family and friends. Participate actively in your faith community.
Join a club with members who share your interest in solar power or badminton.
7. I recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising openings. You may meet a
new friend while you’re standing in line to buy your morning coffee.
8. I try new things. Be open to experimentation. Go kayaking one weekend instead
of playing tennis. Bake your own bread or knit a scarf. You may discover hidden
An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old
assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself
and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build up your confidence and
prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!